About transfer from Ukraine to Kazakhstan or krygystan due to war

Hello Sir/ Madam, My name is Harsh Sharma.
I am a student of medicine in Ukraine but as you may know that due to war , i am unable to continue my studies there. You may know that cource duration of primary medical qualification in Ukraine is 6 year, but in Asian countries like Kazakhstan or krygystan etc is 5 year course. Now I have completed my 3rd year from Ukraine. Please tell me that if i took transfer to a country like Kazakhstan or krygystan, I’ll be able to write PLAB? If yes then please tell me, if no then please let me know about it.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
Your faithfully
Harsh Sharma

1 Like

Hi Fam🙂

Thinking of writing plab already is geared towards getting a GMC licence for medical practise in the UK.
Basically the requirement for Plan is an English exam (IELTS or OET) and of course your primary medical qualification.
With this in mind you ought to obtain a primary medical qualification from a medical school recognised by the GMC

So sorry about the situation that prompted your quest for a transfer. Buy please check the GMC website for acceptable medical schools in the country you wish to transfer to.

Many regards​:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

But please look at the scenario… If i change the country for my education to krygystan from Ukraine! Will it effect me from writing a PALB and my journey?

1 Like

No, I don’t think so, so far you obtain your medical License from a GMC approved institution :slightly_smiling_face:

People from my home country that left to train in Ukraine came back to the country as a result of the war. Most are already enrolled in medical schools here in Nigeria and upon graduation will be able to sit for PLAB as most (if not all) of our medical schools are GMC recognized

So please do your checks in the new country

Cheers!:slightly_smiling_face:

hello regarding Kazakhstan ECFMG has stopped accepting 5 year degree from many universities. They are accepting the degree which is granted after 7 years. So i think it remains a risk.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.