Gap between Internship & Graduation

Greetings everyone! :sparkles:

There’s an unavoidable gap between the end of my internship and graduation as my school’s program is determined as follows:

From July 2019 to July 2020: Internship (12 months fulfilling all criteria)
July 2020 to June 2021: Clinical rotations (or clerkship, I suppose)

Graduation :mortar_board: ----

August 2021 to July 2022: Social service and PMQ conferred at the end.

The Clinical Rotations Certificate my university provided does not distinguish between internship and clerkship year, it only states that I successfully completed clinical sciences (equivalent to internship) with an average of 92.45 and a list of all rotations follows.

I am a bit concerned at the possibility of being asked for further explanation about the ambiguity of the certificate and being refused full registration.

Would you recommend I request my university sign GMC’s Evidence of Internship form and have a document ready to explain the gap year? Or would I be able to make the distinction when I fill out the full registration application online?

I’d appreciate your input very much @Ibreez @ibrahimivan :sparkles:

Hi Danym!

Thanks for posting. Because your school’s curriculum defers a year after internship, your best option would be to contact GMC. And of course, having evidence of internship completion paper from your university won’t hurt. I assume, given there’s 2 years of “internship” the rule for more than 18 months of internship will apply to you.

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.