Plab 1 Booking Query with existing OET Results

Hello…I’m Dr Nidhi…I’m from India…I’ve been following you YouTube channel and your content has been very useful for me…I had a query…it would be really helpful if you could give me your opinion on it…I had given my oet in Sept 2020 and cleared it…unfortunately after that due to personal reasons I couldn’t pursue the path to UK…I just restarted my attempt on the path to UK when I realised that the last day to upload the oet results to book the seats for 2023 is June 21,2022.

My oet results are valid till Sept 2022. Hence it won’t be valid for the plab1 and I’ve booked another date in July 2022 for giving oet again. My doubt is can I book the seat for plab1 with my currently valid oet and before attempting plab1 can I clear oet again and produce another valid result?

3 Likes

I am in the same situation Nidhi, I hope someone can guide us. @Nidhi_Koshy @Ibreez

Hi guys. Apologies in the delay in responding, but YES, you can upload it and show it as long as it is valid. Later when you proceed for registration, if need be, you can retake it.

1 Like

Hey Ibreez, thank you so much for replying. Nidhi, all the best for booking!

Hello doctor, so does that mean as long as the IELTS or OET result is valid when booking the seat, even if it expires little bit before the PLAB1 exam date later, there will be no problem to just use this current valid result for the exam? (and in this case, is it compulsory to have some extra evidence like a reference letter from a mentor that proves the language skills? is it ok we dont have it and only the current test result)
And only when it reaches the time to register for GMC we need to retake and upload another valid language test result for it. Is it correct?

My ielts expires next year of aug 2023 and i want to book plab seat for Aug 2023.

Currently, my IELTS is valid and the plab seats are being released on 10th Dec 2022.
So when i book my plab exam on the 10th dec, my ielts test will be valid right?

Or does it mean i wont be able to book the plab exam for next year? Hope @Ibreez @ibrahimivan you could guide us.
Very worried at the booking date is in few days.