Portfolio for newly appointed FY3

Hello Road to UK fam!

I have got my first job as Trust Grade Doctor (FY3/IMT1-2). Due to the grade Horus e-portfolio will not be offered by the trust. What alternative e-portfolio could be purchased?
e-portfolio by JRCPTB : will it be as similar to horus? Any suggestion would be extremely helpful!

1 Like

If your intention is to join IMT, then I would advise against buying e-portfolio by JRCPTB now. If you can’t have access to Horus, that’s not the end of the world, as technically you do not need that as you’ll be getting a CREST form signed.

Have a meeting with your clinical supervisor and go with a CREST form printed and tell them you’d need this signed before the next training application round you’re interested in applying and ask for his/her guidance.

If they have absolutely no clue, then find a consultant in your department who does, or speak to your hospital’s PGMC (post-grad medical education center) and seek their help.

You can always maintain a paper/physical portfolio, where you keep your teaching feedbacks, course certificates, audit presentations, presented posters, printed CbDs, DOPS and feedbacks (horus website has printable ones) - like in the old days.

4 Likes

Thank you, Ibrahim, for answering my query. If possible, could you tell me what effect would it produce while proceeding to IMT? Is there any sort of complication?

Kind regards

No, there will be no complication. It’s costly and unnecessary.