What after the MTI sponsorship?

Hello!
Hope you’re well. I wanted to ask about the MTI pathway. Would I be able to apply for training jobs from the GMC registration acquired via the pathway after the 2 years. If yes, would my 2 years in the speciality spent in UK via MTI or my training back in my home country counted towards the training jobs I apply to after MTI in the UK?

1 Like

To answer your first question:

Would I be able to apply for training jobs from the GMC registration acquired via the pathway after the 2 years?

Yes, the GMC registration that you get with MTI stays with you even after MTI is completed. But… just having GMC registration is not enough to apply for training jobs. You need to have required competencies and other person specifications has to be fulfilled. Checkout this video:

Now onto your second question:

Would my 2 years in the speciality spent in UK via MTI or my training back in my home country counted towards the training jobs?

Depends. If you have maintained a portfolio and evidence of your learning progression (as a UK trainee does) during that period and your supervisor agrees with you, there is a possibility of reducing the upcoming training years but, it is difficult to prove due to difference in job structure and level of supervision.

Read more about Accreditation of Transferable Competences (aomrc.org.uk).