Ecfmg 2024 new rule

So I got to know According to ecfmg New rule of 2024 for usmle our medical school should be accredited by wfme and since epic is a online portal of ecfmg does this new rule affect plab aspirants in anyway for getting gmc registration too, since my school is still not accredited by wfme, just wdoms ?

Hello Kajal!

From what i’ve researched this new rule only applies for those looking to enter into the US medical system, be it residency or fellowship. Whether if it will affect PLAB applicants in the future or not is still to be determined since the GMC has not said anything about it to date. To my understanding the only requirement from GMC regarding the application process after passing all the exams (IELTS/OET/PLAB 1&2) is to be a student graduated from a school searchable in the World Directory of Medical Schools.

Hello kmpl
so ,what can we do now because as far as I know those who want to go for usmle in future are applying for it before 2024 in order to take exam after 2024 without any problems, if we don’t do anything will there be not any problem for us after 2024?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello Good evening , I hope this message find you well,
I’ve one question that, I’ll graduate in February 2023 , and I want to go for UKFPO , as I heard I’ll need ECFMG certification, is it good idea to apply for ECFMG for now ?
Am I eligible for that?
Because they are changing policies