Is it too late to book for plab 1 slot in july?

I will be graduating in June this year.
I want to join for FY1 program in August 2023 .

I understand that inorder to archive that, i will have to answer plabs 1 in November 2022!

Q) What would be the best time in my case to book for plabs ? Will it be too late too book a slot for Plab 1 by june end for the November exam? I’ll be awarded my PMQ only by then.

2 Likes

Hi Sandra !
Well the first step would be to pass the final exams, IELTS and getting the primary qualification and then filling out the eligibility criteria for UKFP 2023. If deemed eligible the UKFP generally helps us getting a PLAB 1 seat.
Alternatively you can check the booking slots as someone might just cancel their seat or new vacancies pop up.
Hope this helped !

2 Likes

I echo what @Rohan said. Right now just focus on getting the required IELTS score(7.5 in each section), pass your medical school. You don’t need to be worried about PLAB seat for now ,since GMC gives a priority seat to FY1 eligible applicants.

1 Like

@Rohan @Edd1z
I appreciate your responses to my question and would like to thank you for your kind guidance on this matter .
:smiley: :grinning:

It was very helpful and perfectly explained. I will follow your advices and hope for the best :crossed_fingers:

Wish you all the best.

1 Like