Job opportunities Post EDAIC

Hello. This is angel. I have done my mbbs from India and my husband has done his post graduation from India. He has finished his super specialty too. We are planning to move to uk. He is planning to take his EDAIC exam. I would like to know what level of job can he apply to?

Hi Angel :wave:, welcome to the forum!

With your husband’s PG experience and EDAIC, he can expect to start at a registrar level in the UK. EDAIC is equivalent to Primary FRCA and will make him exempt from taking it.

Having said that, you also have to take into consideration the level of confidence and know-how it requires to function well as a registrar in a specialty. Very often IMGs don’t have that from the get go as they start in a completely new work environment with a complex work system.

Note that IMGs may have excellent clinical knowledge but you have to allow yourself the time to learn practice of medicine in terms of communication and IT/paperwork which is a big is a big part of the job.

So we don’t suggest doctors to start at a high level straight away even though they are qualified to do so.

2 Likes

Have been following you guys for very long time. You guys are doing a great job. Thank you so much for the reply. So what post should he be starting on?? That you would suggest. Thank you in advance :blush:

1 Like