NMLE eligibility certificate for Chinese graduates

Hello all, I’m a graduate from china, I did my internship in China & have been working in India since then. Recently cleared my PLAB 2 on Oct 2023, GMC has asked for a “Evidence of eligibility to sit the National Medical Licensing Examination (NMLE)”. Regarding this I found a thread on our forum that ended in 2022. I noted that they had posted a template particularly for this certificate, but I think that it might be outdated because GMC also sent me an email about the exact sentence that needs to be included on the certificate-

"We require that you provide evidence from either University or Hospital confirming that you, the applicant, are eligible to sit the National Medical Licensing Examination or that you have taken and passed it.

The aforementioned evidence must have the following specific wording:

For English language courses: the final year of Dr XXXX’s Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery was equivalent to the ‘probation’ (試用期) year, which as a result makes them eligible to sit the NMLE exam.

For Chinese language courses: Dr XXXX has completed their ‘probation’ year (試用期), which as a result makes them eligible to sit the NMLE"

I’d like to know if anyone else went through the same process recently & I’d appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this.

I’m specifically curious about what a probation year is in China, are they talking about an internship equivalent for chinese med students?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.