Road to PICU consultant

Hi. I am a doctor with an european medical education, who is training in Germany. I’ll be finishing my training/ specialization this year in Paediatrics (5 years) and I would like to move to the UK and become a PICU consultant after doing a couple of fellowships in a few UK PICU Units. Can I register as a “specialist” ( specialist registration) and still do the fellowships, in order to become a PICU consultant in a few years? Or do I have to get the “general” (full) registration? Is it even possible to be a fellow if you are already a doctor with a specialist registration?
I hope you can help me. Best regards.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.